5.29.2011

Kitty



So one day this little kitten showed up at our house and she was meowing and seemed rather hungry. Avoiding the huge signs posted all over our house by our landlord June, that read ‘No pets allowed,’ we started feeding her and let her sleep inside. We decided we could keep her at least for a couple of weeks while they are out of town in Joburg. We haven’t thought it out what we will say if she catches us or what we are going to do with her when they are home, but we will figure that out when the time comes. She is way to cute to not keep. We had her for a couple of days, told some people that we had found a kitten and then one morning she took off. We thought we might not see her again and it was a bit awkward when the owner came by and asked if we had seen a gray kitten. Ok, so I didn’t lie but I said that we had seen her around but that we hadn’t seen her that morning because that was the morning she peaced out. It took kitty (which we have yet to name – but little kitty seems to be what we have settled on) a day and a half to make her way back – but she did. And you better believe that we were the happiest parents in the world. The only bad thing about her is that she is a little bit crazy and she eats us out of house and home – and of course she only really likes to eat meat and not anything cheap. As I am writing this she is standing on my desk and batting everything off of it. Then she proceeds to bat it around my room. I am blaming her for the condition of my room right now. But oh well, it is worth having her around. She is an excuse for me to stay in and do nothing. Although it gets me the title – crazy cat lady – but I don’t even care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment, or question.. or just a nice thought --- right here.