6.20.2011

The cat drama.


So we had this kitten, which I think I have already talked a bit about that kept coming around. We thought it probably thought that our house was its home because it was there so often and would come around hungry and with flees. One day June came up (after the most peaceful 3 weeks of our lives when they had been gone) and found the bowls that we put on the ground for the cat. I explained that we didn’t want the cat but that we weren’t heartless and when it came around hungry we would feed it. She told us she would take it to the SPCA or then her husband later said that he would kill it. I felt bad for keeping the cat around and just wanted it off the property so that I or anyone else wouldn’t get in trouble for it. The missionaries came over that night and they said they had a family that would probably take it – so they could get it off out hands. I told them that sounded like a pretty good plan so they took it that night. All was good – I hadn’t heard from them so I figured it was taken care of. Well then the lady (the owner Michelle) came back and asked for her cat. I hadn’t known where she lived or seen her around for about a month. She came once, asked for a gray cat and then walked away. I told her I would call my friends and see if I could get it back. I called the Missionaries and they said they had released it on a random road somewhere. I didn’t want to call Michelle and give her the bad news so I waited for her to come back. I was terrified. She came back and was all upset when I gave her the news. I told her I was so sorry and gave her the missionary’s number. They told her the story and later she came back and talked to me. Keith (my photography/graphic design friend from Zimbabwe) happened to be there because I told him I didn’t want to be alone – that this lady was crazy and I was scared of her. She had also threatened to take me to quart. So she said I had to come down and talk to her face to face. So Keith came with me as back up. I started talking to her and she kept blaming me and I said I understand I am so sorry to give away your cat. She also said that I kept changing my story and all this other stuff. Then Keith butted in and said something as well and then it made her mad and she ended up running off back to her house crying hysterically. Her boyfriend was fun to deal with as well as he was yelling and saying how stupid I was for what I did. It was so hard because I really did feel bad and it stressed me out so much. I even cried over this crazy cat! So that was the last I heard from her. I left her a note on her gate that I am hoping she got to apologize. I guess she still is going to try to take the missionaries to court. So we will see what happens with that. Thank goodness this all happened when I had about 3 days left in the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment, or question.. or just a nice thought --- right here.