2.09.2011

South Africans



South African people are so laid back here, friendly and have no sense of time. But it is wonderful. I am starting to be the same way! I don’t have a phone or a watch so I never really know what time it is and no one can get a hold of me so I just do what I want! It was wonderful.

People say they will be with you now – which means that maybe in a few minutes – it does not mean that second! They use ‘now’ to describe everything. It is either ‘just now’ or ‘now now’ or ‘now’. They use ‘shame’ – which sort of means oh my, or oh no maybe. Fries are chips and chips are crisps. And you can tell who the Americans are because our faces are bright red and peeling off!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh! You are facing the chips/crisps conundrum too. LOVE IT! I'm still getting used to it and I have been here for a month now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha love it! :) yes.. I know the first time I ordered fries the lady looked at me like I was crazy.. and then I asked for ketchup and got a crazier look - it is tomato sauce! haha oh the adventures of living in a foreign land!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment, or question.. or just a nice thought --- right here.