2.17.2011

First week of classes


So the first week went well. I don’t think my classes this term are going to be too hard. But we will see! I have South African Post-Apartheid history and Xhosa Culture. I am excited for both of them. There are a few of us international students that are taking both of these classes. So hopefully we can help each other out (and you know maybe cheat off of each other – haha just kidding). I learned cheating was bad back in 5th Grade when I did it and then had to call my teacher and tell her that I cheated – scarred for life.

Tuesday night we went over to a few of the Germans place (Theresa and Julia) for a Braai. They live right next to Annie’s Cove. There ended up being around 20 some people there and the food was delicious. Germans know how to cook and better yet they know how to eat. That night was great and afterwards I had to get walked home. Poor Scott – he always has to walk me home! It is not safe here to walk alone. Esp as a girl and at night, which stinks because that means I always have to rely on someone to walk me when I am hanging out with people at Annie’s.

Thursday night was so fun. We all went to a club called Beliza and danced for hours. It is a little bit nicer bar – so everyone dressed up. It even had poles, which were fun to watch the guys mess around on. This group is a fun one for sure. Patrick was by far all of our favorite to watch. I definitely want to go back there again! On the way home we smashed 6 people into on cab – you are only supposed to have 5.. and the taxi drive kept saying ‘1,000 rand fine if you get caught’ And he wanted to shove me out on the side of the road since I don’t live at Annie’s Cove so I pretty much had to beg him to drive one more block – so that I didn’t have to walk along at one in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment, or question.. or just a nice thought --- right here.