2.17.2013

'MERICA. (It's Sunday - AGAIN).





Nothing beats home.



Truth. Home is the best - no matter what. No matter how big or small or weird or mundane. It's the best! I am so happy to be back in America, it's almost scary how happy I am. I am so excited to see family and friends and to just 'be normal' for a bit. To understand everything (although that might be a bad thing we will see). -- I've only been here a few hours so far! But it's so weird not having to use hand motions and broken English/Korean with EVERYONE. I meet. I think I freaked a couple out by answering one of their questions - that I think they were asking each other. Oops. I am just used to responding to people whenever English is spoken!

So... I took off around 6 on Sunday night in Korea and got into San Francisco (where I am right now!) at 11 Sunday (this) morning. Now that's strange. So I'm sort of reliving the past I guess! Such a weird thing to try to wrap your mind around... so I don't. I just accept it. As we were landing I was literally jumping in my seat and getting sooo excited. Then I got off the plane and started skipping with my cart thing with my bags around the airport singing, 'Oh beautiful for spacious skies...' 

Gotta love 'MERICA. Gotta. just gotta. And now I'm super happy sitting outside in the sun in San Fran waiting for my connecting flight - I have a 6 hour layover. But that's fine. There is sun and warmth here. A worker is in a winter coat and I'm in a tank top. haha they think I'm a little bit crazy! (well I am I guess) :)

I've also broken out the old brick, trusty little phone guy that I've now had going on 4 years (coming up this summer). It has been in the toilet (before I went pee don't worry) and to Africa and Europe and now Asia. She's been around the world with me! But it was soooo good to CALL my parents on A PHONE. not my computer but on a real PHONE. So exciting. and then text ALL my friends and tell them how happy I am to be back in the land of the free and home of the brave! (can you tell I'm stoked?) -- or maybe that I'm running on 2 hours - if I was lucky - of sleep! oh jet lag will be fun. but for now I'm too excited for jet lag!








Hanging out outside the terminal, with all the people trying to catch
buses, siting on my computer, tanning - yup I already have tan lines.
Gosh I love Cali!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment, or question.. or just a nice thought --- right here.