2.26.2011

Walking.. walking.. walking oh wait - more walking

So here in South Africa - walking seems to be one of the main events of my day! I walk to class almost everyday (which takes 25 minutes there and 25 minutes back). Then I walk to Annie's Cove most days which is another 15 minute walk one way. Then I sometimes walk down to Friends or Pick-N-Pay, which is a 20-25 minute walk one way. And then to do laundry or to go to Spar (the other grocery store) it is a 15 or so minutes walk one way. So if I were to do that all in one day it would be about 160 minutes or like 2 and a half hours. This doesn't even include all the walking around campus and the occasional walks that I take to the beach. 


So... since walking seems to take up a good chunk of my day I decided to buy a bicycle along with other people in the group. So I finally got my bike last week but then they didn't deliver the lock because they were out of them. So my bike has been sitting in my lawn for the past few days and has only been ridden once when I brought it back from Annies. Welp the tire is already flat. They have the same deadly thorn things that New Mexico has. So the plan is for the bike people to put in some stuff that will hopefully keep it aired up on Monday and then they will also bring the bike lock. So hopefully on Monday my bike will have aired up tires, a lock and the seat raised (oh the joy of being huge and having really long legs). Then the walking with hopefully be minimized and I will be cruising with speed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment, or question.. or just a nice thought --- right here.